Sleazy Motel
Hey if you log-in or register you could actually use this forum instead of reading it.
Sleazy Motel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling drugs that cause pregnancy since 2011.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Redstone wiring

Go down 
+4
DuskBringer
DeadBunny
XScopeX
Noia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 am

Since I could not see a thread about the subject I thought it would be a good idea to start one Razz
I for one really suck at building stuff in minecraft, and therefore I have thrown myself into the endless sea of redstone wiring.. I would say I'm still a beginner and if anyone else here know of redstone wiring I think this thread can be used to talk about it and help each other with making diverse contraptions.

And to start out I would like to present one of my contraptions.
Its a bridge that uses the same technology as the door presented in the 1.7 trailer.

Here you see the bridge in its closed state, at the bottom is 2 rows with 3 sticky pistons each. A lever which ain't visible on the pics is used to activate the bridge.
Redstone wiring Pic1fo

Here you see the bridge in its closed state, what happened when I pulled the lever is that a current runs through 2 different wires, one of them going to the 2 rows of pistons, the second wire runs down below the pistons and actives 2 rows of 3 inverters (block with a redstone torch on the side), these inverters are connected to 2 more rows which is placed directly below where the pistons are going to end when they get pushed out by some sticky pistons which aren't visible on any of the 2 pics, when the pistons get pushed out the inverters are turned on and they push the blocks they are sticking to up 1 block. when the lever is pulled again the inverters get turned off first then followed by the pistons which are delayed with a few redstone repeaters.
Redstone wiring Pic2la

It was quite simple to make this after I had practiced on making the door from the 1.7 trailer which was a bigger pain in the rear as it had to have inverters on both the roof and under the ground.

I'm also currently working on a challenge map where all my knowledge about redstone wiring is gonna get thrown in, so it wont get so long xD but hopefully it will grow over time as I learn more redstone wiring.
Back to top Go down
XScopeX
Admin
Admin
XScopeX

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 am

Electricity is dangerous, remember to use the correct safety equipment and ALWAYS do it under adult supervision.
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

XScopeX wrote:
Electricity is dangerous, remember to use the correct safety equipment and ALWAYS do it under adult supervision.
why? it didn't kill me when I held onto a electrical fence for horses for half a minute.
Back to top Go down
DeadBunny
Admin
Admin
DeadBunny

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am

Because your not a horse ?

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
Back to top Go down
https://sleazymotel.forumotion.co.uk
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am

DeadBunny wrote:
Because your not a horse ?
you my good sir is made of fail xD
which is a good thing btw <.<
Back to top Go down
DeadBunny
Admin
Admin
DeadBunny

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:57 am

Noia wrote:

you my good sir is made of fail xD

* Are Made Of Fail
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:58 am

wow, maybe I should be less distracted when posting xD
Back to top Go down
XScopeX
Admin
Admin
XScopeX

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Guys, in all seriousness.
Redstone wiring What-the-fuck-is-going-on-here
Back to top Go down
DuskBringer
Level 1
Level 1
DuskBringer

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:35 pm

XScopeX wrote:
Guys, in all seriousness.
Redstone wiring What-the-fuck-is-going-on-here
Picture didn't show up... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:37 pm

How about people start talking about redstone wiring which I created this thread for? xD
Back to top Go down
DeadBunny
Admin
Admin
DeadBunny

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Noia wrote:
How about people start talking about redstone wiring which I created this thread for? xD
I've never actually learned wiring in Minecraft as it seemed too hard. It has however been a strong intrest of mine. Any chance of making a tutorial ??
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 pm

DeadBunny wrote:
Noia wrote:
I've never actually learned wiring in Minecraft as it seemed too hard. It has however been a strong intrest of mine. Any chance of making a tutorial ??

I can write a small introduction to redstone wiring, but I'm not sure if I can teach you much, most of my projects are using the most basic of redstone circuits. but they work none the less. So in a few days you might see a tutorial on how to make the bridge from above with pictures and all appear here.
Back to top Go down
DuskBringer
Level 1
Level 1
DuskBringer

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:48 pm

DeadBunny wrote:
Noia wrote:
Ditto
Back to top Go down
XScopeX
Admin
Admin
XScopeX

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 am

Tonnes of tutorials on youtube and the rest of the internet if you want to learn about redstone.
Back to top Go down
The Joke
Level 1
Level 1
The Joke

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Google is the answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:57 am

I've found this small smart trap on a minecraft server which I have modified slightly to make it more effective.
Here is a small tutorial on how to make it

Step one, dig four holes and put a piston facing up in each of them
Redstone wiring Step1u

step two. put a block which ain't affected by gravity on top of each of those pistons (stone, dirt & alike.) then put a pressure plate in the middle. when a mob then ends up down in the trap the blocks get pushed up and it cant escape, for higher chance of capture build it in a larger scale.
Redstone wiring Step2ud
Back to top Go down
Gentlemen
Level 1
Level 1
Gentlemen

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:00 pm

I look at tuts on youtube and google but i still cant make a fucking doorbell Mad
Back to top Go down
XScopeX
Admin
Admin
XScopeX

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:17 am

Doorbells are just a switch, wired up to some note blocks, not that hard...
Back to top Go down
Noia
Level 2
Level 2

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 am

XScopeX wrote:
Doorbells are just a switch, wired up to some note blocks, not that hard...
After I read that I tried making one.. its a bitch getting it all to work the way I wanted it.. and I ain't good with note blocks.. maybe it would have been easier to use a lever instead of a button.. but then it would have been harder to close it again.
Back to top Go down
z00100100

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 am

u want redstone lessons i can help im good but not great i am mainly into makeing signs and stobelight halways and verious other nonsince

Redstone wiring 1439467713

btw these speeds are while playing online games and hosting server and playing minecraft while streaming 3 movies Razz
Back to top Go down
Canjul
Admin
Admin
Canjul

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 am

I only ever used Redstone for one thing and that was using pressure plates to make my front door open and close behind me automatically when i walked towards it.

So useless. But so awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redstone wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redstone wiring   Redstone wiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redstone wiring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sleazy Motel :: Random Shit :: Minecraft-
Jump to: